Monday 12 March 2012

My story so far

Evening all :) This is my first blog post, and I'm quite excited about it all. I finally have my own space to write my story so far, and at the same time, hopefully help other medical applicants and medical students in the future.

So here goes.

Lets start with a little bit about me. I'm a 17 year old student and I'm studying my A- Levels (Biology, Chemistry and Physics) at a school somewhere near Manchester. I've applied to study Medicine at University, and so far it's been a rollercoaster ride, with some highs (namely when I got 3/4 interviews) and some crappy lows (when I subsequently got rejected from 2/3 interviews). I'm still waiting on the third post interview uni. It should be some time in the next 2 weeks. Not gonna lie, I'm shitting it.

So, what else is going on in my life? Well, last week, results came out. I did ok, not the best, but not horribly bad either. I'm just soo glad I don't have to redo Physics 4. Now that was a bitch of a module. I've been doing all the sums- what I can afford to get in the summer modules and the ISAs to get those 3 As I so desperately need. And then I'm going to work my arse off to make sure I get them.

Also, despite turning 17 ages ago, I've only just started learning to drive. I guess the stress of exams, interviews, UCAS etc stopped me from starting it beforehand. And I love it! And that's not just because I'm quite good at it! It's the whole being in control of a car, and the freedom that will come with it in the end that I love. And also the fact I'm quite lazy...

No comments:

Post a Comment